The Northfield Arts Guild offers multiple opportunities for visual artists to share and sell their work.
Our Gift Shop features the work of over 100 Member Visual Artists from the Northfield Arts Guild.
Our Main Gallery features six juried or invitational, and three education-focused exhibits a year. The Arts Guild also presents Member Visual Artists’ work in six Satellite Exhibition Spaces throughout greater Northfield. These satellite gallery spaces are available to all Guild Members on a first-come, first-served basis. Our Visual Arts Manager will also invite members to show in these spaces, when members don’t apply.
Additionally, every year on the weekend after Labor Day, over 70 fine artists and craftspeople sell their work in our Riverfront Fine Arts Festival along the beautiful Cannon River. Please contact the Visual Arts Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Artist Applications for 2020 will be available in March, 2020 – Please note an application deadline of May 31, 2020.
For questions or more information regarding these opportunities, please email our Visual Arts Manager, Heather Lawrenz: email@example.com
Upcoming Exhibition Opportunities
Want to show your artwork, but have never shown before? This group exhibition is especially for you!
Exhibition Description Belonging will feature artworks in a variety of media by (up to) 15 regional artists who have never shown at the Guild before (or not since April 1, 2017). Specifically, we seek artists whose works reference belonging. Words associated with belonging include: connection, inclusion, value, acceptance, community.
We want to know how you explore belonging in your artworks. Possible themes include home, relocation, gender, ethnicity or a relationship to the land. This subject of belonging is open to various interpretations, and we want to know what that means to you, and how you reference this in your artwork(s).
Awards Three artworks will be selected to receive The Brown Family Awards in Memory of Galen A. Brown: 1st: $300, 2nd: $200, 3rd: $100
Eligibility & Submission Requirements
- New and first-time exhibiting artists are invited to apply!
- This exhibition is also open to artists who have not shown work in a Guild gallery exhibition in the past three years (since April 1, 2017)
- Artists ages 18 and up, working in any media, who live or work within 70 miles of the Guild may apply.
- Artists must be prepared to show work created within the last two years that is consistent with the artwork submitted (see below).
- Up to 15 artists will be selected for the exhibition, with a maximum of 3 pieces per artist.
How to apply All submissions must be emailed or submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include the following:
- 1-3 JPEG images that are representative of the work you wish to include in the exhibition. Images must not exceed 5 MB each.
- Brief description (2-4 sentences) of how your artwork(s) relate to the exhibition description of belonging.
- Image List for each submission which includes: Title, Year Created, Medium, Dimensions and Price (if work is for sale).Please note we are limited in our ability to display time-based media (video and film). Before submitting proposals that include time-based media, please contact the Visual Arts Manager at email@example.com.
Important Dates All submission materials are due by March 2, 2020. Notifications will be emailed by March 13, 2020. Accepted artists agree to deliver and pickup their artwork on the dates outlined in the notification packet. All works must arrive at the Guild by 11 am on April 15, 2020. Artists creating accepted installation works must be present to assist gallery staff with installation on April 15, 2020. A free, public Artists Reception will be held on May 1, 2020 from 7-9 pm.
Sales Artists may choose whether or not to offer their exhibited artworks for sale during the run of the exhibition. The Guild will manage all artwork sales, including collection and payment of sales tax. Artists receive 60% of each artwork sales price, and the Guild retains a 40% commission. The Guild asks that purchased artworks remain in the exhibition through the end of the show.
Exhibition Space Approximately 500 square feet. Pedestals, wall shelves and secured vitrines are available. Maximum weight for any single 2-D piece is 50 lbs. Maximum weight for any single 3-D piece is 250 lbs. All pieces must fit through a standard door. At delivery, all pieces must be framed and/or ready to hang/install. For help with how to finish/frame artwork, the Guild is offering a FREE workshop (prior to drop off), to all accepted artists for one-on-one guidance for presenting artwork.
Please contact the Visual Arts Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to our exhibition opportunities.