We welcome all ages and all abilities in a noncompetitive atmosphere taught by certified art educators and professional artists. Accommodations for special needs will be made the best of our ability.
Damos la bienvenida a todas las edades y todas las habilidades en un ambiente no competitivo impartido por educadores de arte certificados y artistas profesionales. Las adaptaciones para necesidades especiales se harán lo mejor que podamos.
Payment is due at the time of registration.You can register for classes in three different ways — your choice!
- You can register online with a Visa, Mastercard and American Express by clicking on the class title (in bold purple) for the class of your choice on our education page.
Note: Some classes, especially those with special discounts, may not be available online; i.e., in order to receive the 5% multiple class discount for dance classes, families must call or register in person with the Guild office.
- You can also register by phone (507-645-8877) with Visa and Mastercard.
- You can stop in to our office at 304 Division St, Northfield and register with cash, check, or credit.
If class is more than $120, you have the option to do your payment as installments (only via credit card; internally set up recurring payment). Call us at 507.645.8877 for more information or to set up an installment plan.
- Guild members will receive a 10% discount on classes! Visit our Join page to find out about membership.
- A 5% multiple class discount is available for a student registering for 3 or more dance classes in a semester (must call or register in person in order to receive this discount).
Based on financial need, scholarships may be available for select classes through the Community Action Center. Call (507) 664-3550.
Canceled 7 days or more prior to the first class: Full refund minus $5 administrative fee*
Canceled 6 days or less prior to the first class: 50% refund minus $5 administrative fee*
Canceled after the second class: No refund
If class is canceled by the Guild: Full refund**
*In some cases, a materials fee might be withheld
**For cancellations by Guild staff during an ongoing class, a makeup class will be scheduled whenever possible
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
The Northfield Arts Guild typically follows the cancellation policies of the Northfield Public Schools.
* Morning, afternoon, and evening classes will be canceled if the Public Schools have been canceled due to bad weather. Please listen to KYMN Radio, AM 1080 for school closing information at 8:00 and 8:30 a.m.
* Afternoon and evening classes will be canceled if the Public Schools have been let out early due to bad weather.
* If Public Schools are starting late, Guild classes starting at 10:00 a.m. or later will run as scheduled. If a class normally begins earlier than 10:00 a.m, it will be postponed to a start time of 10:00 a.m. Afternoon and evening classes will run as scheduled.
* Up-to-date and last-minute weather cancellations will be posted to the Northfield Arts Guild Facebook page and via email to class participants as instructors may need to cancel classes in addition to the parameters established above.
* Classes will not necessarily be canceled due to school vacations or workshop days. We have accounted for longer vacations and these are noted in our schedules. Please refer to the class descriptions in the class brochure or on our website.
* We will leave it up to the teacher’s discretion to arrange for a substitute or offer a make up class if they are sick or unable to attend a scheduled class. We will attempt to inform all participants about postponements to the best of our abilities.
* Classes canceled due to bad weather will be rescheduled.
We do not hold classes on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve and New Year Day, Spring Break, Labor Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, Winter Break, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
MISSED CLASS POLICY
We will not prorate or refund for any classes missed by the students. If a teacher has to cancel a class or a class is cancelled due to weather, AND a substitute cannot be found OR the class cannot be rescheduled, students will receive a prorated refund for that canceled class. If the student cannot make a rescheduled class, a prorated refund will only be issued in extreme circumstances.
The Northfield Arts Guild strives to create a safe, supportive learning environment for all of our students. All students will be asked to abide by the following basic rules:
- Respect yourself
- Respect each other
- Respect the space
The Guild reserves the right to remove a student from our programming if their behavior is deemed disruptive, violent, or threatening by the art educator and/or Guild staff.
If you have concerns any concerns about the safety or well-being of you or your student, please contact Education and Engagement Manager Jennie Autonoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PICK UP POLICY
We want to make sure our students are as safe as possible while attending class at the Guild. No student will be allowed to leave the classroom unless an authorized person picks them up at their classroom location (i.e., dance studio, clay studio, art studio, etc.) unless their parent/guardian has signed the self-release consent below (for youth ages 9 and older). All authorized persons will be asked to present a photo ID upon pick-up unless known to the instructor or staff present.
We welcome students of all levels into our dance program. If you aren’t sure which class to enroll in or enroll your student in, please contact Education and Engagement Manager Jennie Autonoe at email@example.com.
- Youth Education Participation Packet, including medical release form
- Online Youth Participation Forms
- Paquete de participacion para jovenes (en espanol)
- Adult Education Participation Packet, including medical release form
- Online Adult Participation Forms
- Paquete de participacion para adultos (en espanol)