Open call- no appointment necessary. Actors should try to arrive as close as possible to 5pm on Sunday or 7pm on Monday.
Scripts available for 24 hour perusal at the Center for the Arts, 304 Division Street, Northfield.
Actors will read from the script both individually and with scene partners, no memorization required, open to all! Bring your abilities, and we’ll see where they take us!
callbacks as needed
Northfield Arts Guild Theater, 411 Third Street West, Northfield
- MARGOT WENDICE (w) – Upper-class, British, elegant, charming, trusting, and having an affair. Must be able to play early-30s to late-40s.
- TONY WENDICE (m) – Margot’s husband, former tennis pro, witty, brilliant, plotting the perfect murder of his wife for the financial windfall. Must be able to play late-30s to late-40s.
- MAX HALLIDAY (m) – Margot’s lover, American mystery writer, caring, smart, earnest. Must be able to play early-30s to early-50s.
- CAPTAIN LESGATE (m) – Hard-luck scam artist, former classmate of Tony’s, compromised and cornered, he makes for an easy blackmailing mark. Must be able to play late-30s to late-40s.
- INSPECTOR HUBBARD (m or w) – unassuming but direct and highly-skilled detective, doesn’t miss a thing. Can be any age from 30 on up.
- THOMPSON (and Several Off-Stage Characters) – (m or w) – Thompson is a police officer who is on stage for a few lines, but the actor playing Thompson must be willing to do several different voices of other unseen characters for off-stage phone calls, news reports, announcements, and character lines. Open to any adult who likes to do voices.
When murder calls…hang up! Deception, betrayal, passion and greed prove potent ingredients for a perfect mystery in this gripping thriller, famously filmed by Alfred Hitchcock. Ex-tennis professional Tony Wendice married his wife Margot for her money. Now he plans to kill her for the same reason. When his precise murder plot goes awry, can he improvise an equally deadly plan B? The exciting ending of this psychologically suspenseful story, which has thrilled audiences for decades, will leave you breathless at the edge of your seat.