The Northfield Arts Guild entered our 61st year on September 1, 2020, and in preparation for the year ahead, our board of directors recently took action to ensure the Guild remains strong in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This included a recent staff reduction and the decision to not fill vacant staff positions. While these were difficult decisions, they were necessary steps to adapt and adjust to the changing economic climate. The Guild has responded to and rebounded from economic challenges before, and we will do so again as we always have: together.
So do know that the Guild is here to stay! You can rely on us to continue to offer tremendous opportunities for artists of all ages and abilities along with dynamic, stimulating and fun ways for audiences to engage with the arts.
You may ask yourself: What can I do? As always, your participation, attendance and support ensure that the Guild stays strong. Whether you are buying an item in our Gift Shop, registering for a class, renewing a membership, or making a donation, you are sustaining the Guild – and you are also supporting area artists and teachers and keeping Northfield a vibrant, creative community.
We take this opportunity to share some updates:
- Our downtown building, including the Main Gallery and Gift Shop, is OPEN, with new weekly hours of Wednesday-Friday from 12-5pm;
- Our wide selection of online fall classes are open for registration;
- We are launching a Virtual Riverfront Fine Arts Festival online on September 12;
- Look for the Guild’s annual Members Exhibition, opening October 8;
- We continue to expand free online arts activities and events on our website’s Guild@Home page, including art making videos, remote gallery receptions, exhibition tours and more;
- We look forward to resuming plays and concerts (CVRO and 411 Concert Series) as soon as it is safe again to gather together for rehearsals and events;
- And look for new projects in visual arts, performing arts, arts education and more in the months ahead. Please visit our website for more details!
The Guild’s board and staff will be vigilant and flexible in responding to the unknowns that lie ahead, but, rest assured, we will also remain creative, inventive and collaborative.
See you soon at the Guild!