A Monologue Writing and Performance Festival
directed by Mishia Edwards
Call for Actors – Deadline: September 20, 2020
The Northfield Arts Guild is seeking 12 area actors to each perform an assigned monologue from 12 total monologues written by area writers and selected through an open submission process.
Please submit a digital headshot and short bio of your work in theater before 5pm on September 20, 2020 to email@example.com. Also, please indicate your availability to perform your monologue for September 28 – October 2, 2020.
Performers of all genders, abilities, races, ethnicities, and experience levels are encouraged to apply. We look forward to meeting new performers and seeing familiar faces!
Details and Timeline
- Actors will be selected and notified by September 18. If selected, actors will be assigned a monologue to perform. Monologues range from 1-2 pages in length. Please note if you prefer a shorter or longer monologue.
- Actors will be given through September 27 to memorize their monologue(s)
- Actors will be scheduled to meet one-on-one with director Mishia Edwards at the Northfield Arts Guild Theater between September 28-October 2. During these 45 minute sessions, each actor will work with Mishia to rehearse and refine their piece and will then be filmed performing their monologue.
- To ensure social distancing and maximum safety is met, only one actor, Mishia Edwards and a videographer will be on site for the rehearsal and recorded performance. Masks are required when entering and exiting the theater.
- The recorded performances will be edited together into a single program to be shared with Guild audiences online in early to mid-October.
Please contact Executive Director Tim Peterson if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can learn more about the SOLOS program and view the selected list of monologues at https://northfieldartsguild.org/arts/theater/solos/
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you!