New Study Looks At Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture on City of Northfield Economy
Join us on October 22, 2015 at 9:00 AM to hear Creative Minnesota present on their findings from their recent study on the impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture City of Northfield. Directly following the regularly scheduled meeting of the Economic Development Authority, the presentation of the results will be made at the City Council Chambers, Northfield City Hall, 801 Washington Street, Northfield, MN followed by a discussion of the economic impact of the arts and culture in the City.
As the most comprehensive report ever done about the sector’s health and economic impact, Creative Minnesota: The Health and Impact of the Nonprofit Arts and Culture Sector previously broke out data statewide and regionally and is now also available for selected cities and counties.
Fourteen Northfield organizations are part of the study:
- Ameriikan Poijat Finish Brass Band
- Prairie Creek Community School arts programs
- Bridge Chamber Music Festival
- Cannon Valley Youth Orchestra
- Cello an American Experience
- City of Northfield arts and culture programs
- I Cantanti Chamber Choirs
- Lockwood Theater Company
- Northfield Arts Guild
- Northfield Historical Society
- Northfield Senior Center arts programs
- Northfield Youth Choirs, Inc.
- Norwegian-American Historical Association
As the first of an ongoing series of biennial reports, Creative Minnesota is a snapshot of spending by nonprofit arts and culture organizations and their audiences as well as other indicators of the sector’s health and impact on the economy in 2013. The study quantifies the economic impact from 1269 arts and culture organizations in every corner of the state, in addition to information about jobs created, local vs. non-local attendees spending, nonprofit arts and culture organizational budgets, and artist employment levels.
Creative Minnesota was developed by a collaborative of arts and culture funders in partnership with Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA). Americans for the Arts (AFTA) was commissioned to calculate the economic impact of the arts. If you are joining us, please RSVP to staff@mncitizensforthearts.
Creative Minnesota and additional research about Minnesota’s arts and cultural community can be downloaded for free at: creativemn.org.
The Creative Minnesota team includes:
- Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA) mncitizensforthearts.org
- The McKnight Foundation: mcknight.org
- Target: https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/
- Bush Foundation: bushfoundation.org
- Mardag Foundation: http://www.mardag.org/
- Jerome Foundation: http://www.jeromefdn.org/
- Minnesota State Arts Board: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/
- Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/racs/forum.htm
- Minnesota Historical Society: http://www.mnhs.org/about
- Ideas that Kick: ideasthatkick.com
- South Eastern Regional Arts Council http://www.semac.org/
- Northfield Arts Guild https://northfieldartsguild.org/
- Northfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism http://www.northfieldchamber.com/
- City of Northfield, Economic Development Authority http://www.ci.northfield.mn.us/index.aspx?NID=103
- Northfield Downtown Development Corporation http://nddc.org/about-2/
- Northfield Historical Society http://www.northfieldhistory.org